View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #77
Stepside Jim

Re: 1957 Chevy truck re-rebuild

Once I got the fender emblem figured out, I was on the look out for another project.

I had the engine in place, the headers were in place, it was time to run the plug wires. I knew first off there were not going to go over the top of the valve covers. They had to go behind the valve covers, then follow the bottom of the valve cover, then turn off to each plug among the way.

I looked through the catalogs, I just didn't see what I was looking for, am I that fussy, maybe so, I just didn't want a bunch of adjustable screw brackets ect. I also wanted hide the small bit of cast iron that always burns the paint between the vave cover and the exhaust port on the big block chevys.

After many measurements I made a design that covers the cast ion and will hold each plug wire in perfect alighnment to the plug it is going to.

I'm cutting stainless steel, it's expensive, my best choice is to print the design on paper, then cut the pattern out of paper to check all my measurments.

The paper mock up.

After the paper one fit I cleaned up a few angles and cut the stainless steel. The rust mark on the stainless is from an other hung of steel laying on it.

More to follow...
Stepside Jim is offline   Reply With Quote