View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Why do you drive your truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC45 View Post
Definitely this!

I drive my trucks because I Love Them Both. Also I spend all my time driving a gas saver around during the week because I drive a lot for work. So it's fun to hop into one of the Truck's on the weekend and blow off some steam, rubber, smoke, boost and all that good stuff.

To me there is nothing more satisfying than pulling up in my heavy pig at a light, looking over at a light unsuspecting sports car while he thinks he's got it the whole time, and then leaving him where he's sitting. Then him pulling up at the next light with his tail tucked between his legs and realizing that he never even had a chance, PRICELESS!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes!

Earlier this summer I was at a light on a 4 laner, and was a couple of cars behind and to the right of a "new" Moostang GT. He was the first car in the left lane at the light. Light goes green and as traffic picked up speed, I swung in behind the Ferd. He saw me swing in, and gunned it a bit. I kept pace with him... we passed a few cars on our right and he nailed it. I slipped back to the right lane and started to pull around him. Gotta admit, that pony was fast... I stayed on his right front fender and couldn't get around him. But the look of sheer shock and amazement on his face that a 4,000 pound green hulk was pacing his "muscle car".

I was all smiles... still makes me smile to this day.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote