View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #1268
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Ok, someone's GOTTA do it, may as well be me. What's an "inverted" flare? ...and why is this needed over say an ordinary double flare?

Also, Bam your work looks great as usual. How does that bender work to make that gentle curve over your frame notch or if you DIDN'T use that for it, how did you accomplish it? The clamps you used look like the kind I can get at Home Cheapo - those gotta be a lot cheaper than the billet looking ones I see on so many trucks. DId you use them for cost savings? Because I kinda like that they have the rubber inside rather than a metal-on-metal clamp.
Dan the curve over the c-notch was made by hand and with the tool. The top of if was formed by hand and the tight curves at the bottom was done by the bender. The clamps came from jegs and they are aluminum with the rubber insert. I used them because I liked the rubber insert.

A inverted flare is a standard flare that is used to connect automotive steel brake lines also known as a double flare. It is a 45 degree flare that is folded inside itself. The first flare is made with a die, remove the die and crank down the flaring tool to make the second flare and your done. You can use this with steel, copper and aluminum brake lines.

A 37 degree single flare is used for stainless steel lines because stainless steel is a harder metal an my crack if you try to double flare it so a single flare is recommended. It can also be used to connect hardlines to AN fittings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
Great looking brake lines my friend.
Thanks but when did we become friends.lol Just kidding buddy.

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-28-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote