View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #1273
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Everything is looking good. What's left to do to have a running chassis? Much?
Posted via Mobile Device
Dan,
Even though the truck is apart again I'm closer than you may think.lol Because this time there is no mock up that's all been done, so when I put something together now it stays. I'm at least at the point to where I put it together and nothing has to come back off.lol Rust repair, fab work, and mockup is all done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Dude, I don't know what they make those green coated ones from AZ out of but DANG they bend smooth! Almost got me to thinkin' I could do that again! (Wrong, but I got what I needed done!) Great work as always, Kab!
I never used those green coated lines, I've always used the plain old steel ones so I wouldn't know. Maybe next time I will try them. The steel ones never bothered me because every own car I bought the brake lines were still good after all those years. I just replaced them for changes made to the system or for neatness. But I was seriously considering using the NiCopp Nickel Copper Brake Lines on this project, but there is a Napa by my job and one day I walked by it and just said the heck with it give me some brake lines.lol I ready to get moving on my project.

Do you guys remember that 1945 Chevy truck I did the Mustang 2 on? Well when I went to help him put his engine in this is what I saw. It really motivated me that a 73 year old guy has moved this far along.lol

Its not perfect but he is not concerned with that. He told me "Man, I'm 73 years old. I don't have time for perfect I have to drive this thing before I die".

From this

To This

He is even further along now these pics are about 2 months old. When I went over there to put the engine in and saw this it got me motivated again.

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-30-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote