View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #274
bollybib

Re: Jim's 1969 Custom/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
Nice work Jim How's it been driving lately?
Thanks for asking, it's driving great ! I still shake my head in disbelief at times that this truck turned into such a nice driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stricklinator View Post
Great job Jim (as usual)! I am running a hodge podge of steel and rubber lines with a filter to my Holly style Summit 4-barrel. I have had nothing but trouble with the rubber sections leaking no matter how hard the clamps are tightened. I also don't have a regulator in my system; what happens if the pressure is too high?

Thanks,

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi Paul, Pressure too high can cause the carburetor to flood if the pressure overcomes the force holding the needle valve down. I read a couple of install blurbs for Holleys and they aren't as adamant about pressure as Edelbrock. I read one said 5-7 psi is OK which means in that case you wouldn't need a regulator. Just read the manufacturer's recommendation and you can't go too far wrong.

About your leakers, make sure your hose IDs and tube ODs are the same size. If the metal side is out of round or corroded that could cause leaks, too. I used AviationFormAGasket on one tube/hose connection on my old setup cuz I couldn't get it to stop leaking and that worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
I greatly enjoy your posts. I hope I'm riding in whatever you engineered! Daaaang! I'd have just rolled out there with some AZ green tube (bends great, BTW) and banged 'er out! Although I wish I had your forethought and patience. Cool ol' truck!
Thanks. I used to dread steel tubing, but now, I got the hang of it and I really liked bending the stuff. Good tools and materials help a lot !

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911
bollybib is offline   Reply With Quote