View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #96
longbed67

Re: Inline 250 - T3 Turbo - w/ Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueforce View Post
Looks like I'm going with a holley 350 then, your advice plus researching other blow thru setups show it's a great choice for boosted 6's. Anything above 250hp would make me very happy. I'm ordering up a clifford manifold and possibly an SPA manifold to pair with it, thinking stock heads at low boost (6-8 psi). BOV's are good for the turbo but for some reason I love the sound of compressor surge. You need some WOT footage!!
x2 compressor surge is a good way to damage equipment (bad idea)....
you can get 250-300hp out of a 250 naturally aspirated 350-400+ range would be a better low boost goal.
Stock heads on the 250 leave a lot to be desired... a few small changes that anyone can do in a home garage can really add some power. After my dealings with SPA and their manifold, I would never use one again! The still require a fair amount of machining to work properly, mine still had casting sand stuck in the corners and you Have to use an On center housing turbo to get it to fit with any of the intakes... and on-center exhaust housing turbos are not as efficient and harder to find the correct sized housings for! And your pretty much limited to a p-trim exhaust wheel then.

Not trying to counter-dict or offend Boucher here but you may want to contact C & S carbs about the sizing.... n/a sized carbs DO NOT correlate to Blow through setups! Blow through is a whole different beast.... Also if this is going to be your first serious turbo build you may want to do some research over at theturboforums.com

Good luck with your build!

My 1967 C10 - Turbo 250 Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485843

(608) 214-8706
longbed67 is offline   Reply With Quote