View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #337
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Don't worry man, been there myself. Its just paint. Itss juuusst PAINT. Sand and re shoot. I shot a jet ski once and drug the air line across the brand new glittery paint in front of the owner. He freaked so I sent him to go get some beer. By the time he got back. Magic,,,, it was all better and he celebrated. Even gave me extra cash for doing a good job.
You'll get it.
Thanks Bomp!
My last post or so I was like "this is gonna be a good week for the truck"..... NOT!! I did get out here tonight for a bit and the seam sealer yanked me AGAIN! I opened the crap and tried it a couple weeks ago and got yanked. This time I tried to tape it off but the crap is now SUPER thick (like tar man!) and it was another mess. I'm gonna abort this crap and talk to the paint dude for some better stuff. There's a lot of joints that will be visible so I want the sealer to look nice!
I sanded the orange peel off my vent window frames and they're ready for re-spray. Last time I tried to mix up like 2oz of that $100/qt paint and that was half my trouble. I'm trying to prep some other stuff I want painted black so I can mix a larger amount and get the consistiency just right. Might as well detail the heater box right!? Them engine stands should be show-quality right!? What about them clutch/brake pedals!? OMG!!!! This thing is gonna take me FOREVER! I've got crap spread from hell to breakfast that needs fixed and polished up. Soooo many small parts!

Your cab is coming together! You've got a row to hoe but I'll be watching till the burnout video!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote