View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #45
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Coke for rust removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwillie 696969 View Post
one more thing coke does pour in your toilet it cleans up real good as per my house maid
When I was in the Navy back in the 80's we would use a mixture of coke and cherry or grape flavored Kool-aid to clean toilets. Half a can of coke, and a packet of Kool-aid for each toilet, let sit for a couple of hours, swirl with a toilet brush and flush. Clean as a whistle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETsC10 View Post
Vinegar + salt will strip the oxidation off of nearly anything...works
as well or better than Brasso.
I used to collect pennies as a kid, and we used to use vinegar and salt to clean and shine them up. Let a bunch of wheatbacks soak in there over night and they will look as good as a newly minted coin! Just don't soak any of the steel pennies!

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote