View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #45
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: Crewcab "the rolling resume build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJeff426 View Post
I LOVE IT!! When you get a chance can you post a profile shot so i can see how it looks with the stretched rear door? That seems like alot of progress in just a week. kids must be being little angels. different story for thier cousin!
Angels? My kids?! Anyways, as you requested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicchev View Post
I see no rear drivers door, you makin it a 4 dr???
Yep! And here is where I stopped for the night!

When I get a chance to take some more pictures, I will explain why I did the right and left doors skins different. I stripped the door skin off the red piece for the left, and just trimmed the white (green) skin. For the Left rear door I am using the rear of the 3rd door piece as a front, so I still have to fabricate the lip for the skin and hinges. If I would have just used the red skin like the Right rear I would have been 2 inches too short. Look at the difference in the fronts of the rear doors. Once I have the inner doors done, I will pie-cut the skin to get the contours to match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I like your B pillar idea. It'll basically how the 2nd gen fords are set up. Good idea!
You talking 92-97, Ryan? Are they just second gen to Diesel? This is all I am hoping to have to add. (Photoshop)

Sorry for the poor picture quality, my camera lens got scared when it saw this.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote