View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Amniculi

The Grey Monster ('66 Chevy C10 LWB)

So I don't actually have the resources yet to actually start my build, but I do have the truck and the shop space (and dreams) - so here we go.

I had always loved this body style so when the need for a second vehicle arose, I jumped at the opportunity to acquire one. I picked up this beaut from a guy who lives down the street from me.

I had been salivating over this truck since I had moved into my new house but there was no FOR SALE sign on it. I figured it never hurt to ask, so I knocked on his door. He told me that he was actually going to be listing it in the next couple days for $2000. The body was straight and the interior pretty good. The guy the current owner had bought it from had dropped a 305 into it with the stock 4-speed transmission. It started right up when I turned the key and roared on my test drive around a couple blocks. I had to have it! I wasn't able to get him to budge much, but we agreed on $1800 and I had a "new" truck!

Brand new front bumber and grille:

Fairly clean engine compartment:

A nice, tidy interior:

And the coup de grace - "'66" frosted on the rear window:

The truck is very nearly the same color as the helicopters I worked on in the Marines (and from the same era),

so I kinda considered stenciling some numbers and my squadron emblem on it for grins.

I'm really excited to get started working on it when I have the money (after the holidays) and my uncle has a good size garage and the tools to get the job done. Plus he has tons more experience than me and is willing to share. Bonus!

Let me know what y'all think and don't be afraid to throw out suggestions.
Amniculi is offline   Reply With Quote