View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Chevrolado

Re: 77 Chevy K10 Silverado Build

As for a new update here, got some time to get out to the truck this weekend. It was raining on Friday though, so I only got about 20 minutes into working on it when all of a sudden it started pouring on me. Rain?!? In Southern CA?!? What is this nonsense?

So I was able to get the new stock hardline fuel line in to place to replace the rubber rigged setup the PO had that bust on me:

Then, at one point from getting in and out of the truck I realized.. so, I'm 6'4 and can easily step up from the ground into the truck.. But most my other friends, my wife, basically anyone else, has trouble being that I have no steps or handles to grab onto..

So I setup a little rig on the metal molding around the headliner. I made sure everything was thoroughly mounted into the metal of the body and should hold relative decent weight as someone is climbing on up into it (or hanging on for dear life along some hectic trails..)

So next up now... While putting in the fuel line, the ground to the alternator was completely rusted on and ended up completely busting as I attempted to unbolt it all to get into the fuel line area.. So while I had the alternator completely disassembled, I found that one of the contacts on the inside was frayed and mostly separated. So I need to either replace that, or just get a whole new alternator (which might be the easiest and most cost effective option - it needs to be done anyway).