View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #1359
Jesse49chevy

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Hello Bam, congrats on all of your projects. It seems that there is nothing you can't tackle and make it look easy. Hope you don't mind, but I have a question. I'm working on my 48, a while back you gave me your opinion on the subframe I bought (73 camaro). You said that for your likings, it ran a bit wide. Well being that i was excited to finally get going, I bought it not thinking ahead or listening to your words of wisdom. Now that I cutoff the chassis and mocked up the clip, I realize what you meant. My desire is to have it nice and low, and it is obvious that I will have fender clearance and turning issues. Someone said I could run skinnies in the front (dang!!! Another question). I see some guys using S10 chassis. So here is my question(s). If I use the 73 camaro ifs, what are my limits or challenges in dropping it, what size tires should /could I use to get the results I desire. Also, I was brainstorming and was wondering, has anyone used the ifs off a S10, Blazer? Could I go that route instead and avoid having to use skinny tires? I appreciate any advise you can throw my way.... Below is some pics of what m working with...thanks
By the way, that's my right hand man in the pic....my best buddy measuring to make sure we hit that 116" on the dot....
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Check out my project:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559086
Jesse49chevy is offline   Reply With Quote