View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #1363
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Bam, good to hear from you again, I was just thinking we hadn't hear from you in awhile...Jim
Thanks buddy its knowing really to report on the truck because xmas is here and no money will be sent on the truck until after the holidays. I have to give my kids great xmas's for their memories. You know how that is.lol But I have so much work to do that will not cost anything but time. But I have a shortage of that lately also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Bam,
Are you using automotive grade paint for those suspension parts? Or is it rattle can stuff? Whatever it is, it looks goood!
Dan,

The suspension parts were painted with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator thinned 20% with lacquer thinner and shot through a spray gun. I did not shot over rust I simply don't believe in doing that I just cleaned the parts up really nice sanded with 180 grit and shot them. Here is a pic of what they looked like in bare metal.

Why the Eastwood Rust Encapsulator? No reason other than I had some laying around not getting used and I wanted to see what it looked like. I like the flat black finish. It seems quite durable after it's cured and its easy to touch up. How durable? I don't know but its only control arms time will tell. I shot the frame with single stage satin black and that is very durable.

Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote