View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #44
Coach529

Re: 1949 Chevy 3600 into a daily driver

Finally got enough furniture moved out of the garage and organized that "Henry" was able to move indoors. Not sure for how long. For now he will have to remain mobil.

First stop was a quick trip to the carwash to clean off the rear frame rails. 63 years of dust and dirt had packed into everything. Plenty of looks on the way to and from the car wash. Even had a couple gawkers while I was washing.

Once I got him home I back him into his temporary parking spot and went to work right away. Removing old mufller brackets, lever shocks and overloads was first on the agenda. Of course nothing come apart easy. A 4-1/2" grinder and a skinny wheelis the most used tool for the day.

After the rear rails were free of excess I turned my attention to the drivers side floor

I got the cab mount bolt out after some persuasion. I got the e-brake pedal disassembled and was ready to cut the floor out when I ran out of time. Tomorrow is another day!!

Trying to figure out what I am going to use for paint on the floor, interior and rear frame rails.

POR-15?
KBS coatings?

There is some surface rust in the cab floor, door jams and interior door panels. Not sure if I can just wire wheel it of and prime or if I should use a special paint.

We are going with a non tradition paint color in the interior. Flat or Satin Black

"Adventures of Henry"

http://smu.gs/QOlhWY
Coach529 is offline   Reply With Quote