View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #1273
CC69Rat

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Love those valve covers.

Your wheels on the front of the GMC,... is the reason I don't like giving backspace numbers or tire sizes out to asking members.
You think think the tires are too short and the backspacing is off a little.
In my opinion,... they look PERFECT!

I trust you man You are spot on, and really the stepside has about .25 more trackwidth (?) I think .. maybe it's just the 73+ arms ..? I don't know. But the wheels are inboard just a tad more on this truck than the stepside. But, I was giddy when I sat it down off the jack.

The tire is a little low on that side and our compressor took a crap, so maybe once it's aired up It might pick up that 5mm it's lacking.

For anyone who can spec a truck they have never layed eyes on, Keith I think you're doing pretty dang good man. I'm not unhappy with these I just think they 'fit' (the outward appearance of polished vs. gray) the stepper a little better. The polished wheels will look better on the black truck IMO.

But no man, I trust you .. That's why I still ask you for your opinion on stuff. You are definitely the man. We all KNOW IT I'm just being picky. I'll probably do 5.35" (?? 5.5 if they'll only do .25 increments) on the fronts with 45 series tires. I think I'd like it a touch better. We're talking about .5 sidewall. I wish they made a 42.5 series. but we're splitting hairs really. Once this one settles out I think it will look great.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote