View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #306
special-K
Special Order

Re: 67-72 C/K/T-40's-90's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White70C20 View Post
That's what it seemed like to me.

Aren't the medium duty "straight trucks" wider than the pickups? That would be awesome to try sometime, put a C60 cab and front clip on a C30 chassis, then maybe put in a 4-53 Detroit.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's the same cab,but it isn't. Cabs are "assembled" from various panels. The ones that are different are the floor and cowl area panels because the frames & drivetrains are completely different and the whole front clip is different and they mount up different. The engine is actually crowded back farther into the firewall,so the firewall panel is different. You could combine a C/50 cab and a C/10 cab to make one or the other. Problem is,other than all that work,is the areas that are different are the areas that are usually bad.
We have a member here,Livrat,who is building a crew cab combining an MD truck cab & Suburban and using a MD front clip on an MD frame (I think)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote