View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #28
Martyeth23

Re: Just bought my first Blazer!!! 1970...any thoughts on..

Thanks for the advice guys, yeah my girlfriend has had the same problem with the missing buttons lol! The truck really is in descent shape and i have seen some of the builds on here that have just been incredible!!! I'm sure eveyone has seen it but i checked out BLUE THUNDER's build, just awesome! There is still a ton of things i want to do to my new blazer so i might start a little build thread too, I know i want to put in new seats, have it sanded and painted...I'm thinking some shade of blue, upgrade the stereo system, cut a big portion off the roll bar past the bak of the drivers seat, get rid of the fuel cell and go back to a regular gas tank, get the entire inside rhino lined and then new carpet as it has none right now, maybe a new steering wheel and add emblems and new signal lights, and go back to the factory style chrome bumpers, i was wanting a few opinions on that part though, everyone keeps telling to me to keep the black steel bumper in the back and the huge (way to big in my opinion) cattle guard in the front, i know its all a matter of preference on the bumpers but some opinions would be a big help. I was also considering putting in new replacement front headlights with HID bulbs but cant decide, i love the way they look on my regular trucks but cant decide if they would be a cool addition to the blazer or if they would just look too out of place on a classic vehicle...i think i'm getting to that point where its about to be time to decide how far i want to venture away from the classic look and parts to a newer looking style truck ...and having trouble doing so...i love the fact its a classic and that its old and so simple compared to newer vehicles but at the same time after having owned and built up so many other modern trucks with lifts, expensive wheels and tires HID's and LED's and big stereos i find im fighting the urge to go way overboard on this project too...i guess a little at a time and my budget should help keep me in check as well
Martyeth23 is offline   Reply With Quote