View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #41
cortcomp

Re: '66 Longbed 327 w/AC project

Thanks! I've been looking. I have one lead (if the guy doesn't sell it today, or if the guy who buys his pile of parts will sell it.) After i find one and switch it out, i'll finish por-15 the inside of both the inner roof panels and the outer roof panel. Put insulation in, and button up.

I've been fixing random holes people put in the doors to mount things, and found one door beat pretty bad. I may just get a new shell, it has 8 lbs of bondo on it. Passenger door seems good. I was going to just repaint the white on the outside of the truck, but i may just move the bed back, and do red also. I'm glad i'm taking care of all this rotten seam sealer in the doors and around windshield, etc, because it looks like it was and would have let some water in. Things should be very quiet after all the insulation and new rubber, and this should set the clock back on this truck a long time. It's clean now, but it was a couple years from the sad sight of paint bubbling in seams and places.

I'm out of space with parts EVERYWHERE, so opposite of common procedure, i'll probably finish the interior first, then mask and paint the outside. Will give me room to work with, and completion of the interior will give me further motivation.
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote