View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #57
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: Got a new toy coming home next week guys :D

yep love building oddball stuff dat way never know what ya need till its starin ya in da face . on another noted looking at a couple of trans options. NV4500 for one expensive requires adapter bell for mechanical clutch, Tremec 3650 great overdrive but pricey adapter, and the chevy my6 tranny little known and long forgotten basically mopar tranny to chevy bellhosuing oddball but worked dammed good. I actually had one in a 84 k10 truck but traded it to my brother so the bastard is long gone grrrr.. finding these on car parts aint that bad just gotta run by n check em out main things is the danged shifter assembly is a bugger to find replacements for so that is main goal find one with bell and shifter if possible. also cast iron case is the better trans since the aluminum ones require machining for a countershaft bushing due to wear.

The rubber column shift seal from the 73 truck worked good just squirted weatherstrip adhesive around the outside edges and used a blowdryer to heat it up to seal on the outside of the firewall of the truck, then poured some h20 over it and no leaks so far, real test will be cruising 60-70 down a rainy highway lol.

Sean

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote