View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
mr48chev

Re: What is the farthest distance you have driven the truck?

The first road trip out of the box was a week after it was painted and one day after the seat was done. We took it from McGregor Tx to Tulsa for the 1973 NSRA Street Rod Nationals as it's first event as a participant and our first event as participants.

In 1977 my 8 year old son my German Shepard and I came from McGregor Tx to Toppenish, Wa in the truck towing a 16 ft UHaul trailer loaded with everything we owned and my wife flew up a few weeks later after she completed selling the house in Texas.

In 1982 We loaded up the truck and drove to Texas to visit the inlaws and attend four rod runs in three weekends. 2052.2 miles on a fresh 350 and fresh subrframe swap that had 36 miles on it when we left the house I am sitting in after leaving my dog with my Grandfather.

The 48 in front of my inlaws house on South Polk in McGregor Tx with my son and sister in law in the front yard. my wife and daughter were no doubt in the house under the ac after a long hot trip.

The older guys in Texas will tell you that was the year that Texas had 40+ days in a row of over 100 temps.

In 1982 right after I spend a month sanding it slick and painting it we loaded up the kids and headed off to Ogden Utah for the Chevy-GMC Truckin Nationals that Seth Dalton put on. We had a football field full of Chevy and GMC trucks including the Rod and Custom Dream truck.
My then three year old daughter saying "take my picture Daddy". At the KOA in Ogden.

In 1998 I took a solo vacation and drove to Bonneville for Speedweek and then drove from Wendover to Plesanton, Ca for Goodguys and then back up through Oregon to home over a weeks time with a very tired 250 six. I had a great time though. I camped out at the bend in the road at Bonneville and got to attend the races for four days.

I got a Japanese tourist to take my photo while I was parked near the starting line of the long course.

The next long road trip win no doubt be to Central Texas to visit the inlaws and attend a couple of car/truck events not long after the truck is finished and ready for the road.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote