View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #519
piratexpress1369a

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

""Once the indicator reaches this state it’s a simple matter of throwing the 3rd switch under the red safety cover and a directed beam is emitted directly behind the truck disabling any vehicle ignition system approaching closer than 1 car length/per 10 miles an hour of my vehicle speed, eliminating the danger of tailgaters.

There are still a few bugs to work out. The phaser capacitors overheat if run continuously for more than 15 minutes. Hopefully larger fans and punching louvers in the bedsides under the fenders (where they won’t show) will minimize that issue. Tapping into the cruise control speed sensor simplified connections.

Before it can be offered commercially the weight will have to be greatly reduced. The current military grade 17 megawatt Class 3 plasma eclipiton velocity discharge emitter will have to be reduced from 370 lbs to something practical for passenger cars. And hiding the emitters behind my wig/wag lights is playing havoc with the beam pattern.

Before certification can be obtained, the issue of shielding the ignition systems in police and emergency vehicles will have to be addressed, along with calibration of the beam emission/vehicle speed calculations.""

LMFAO i'll take 2 please

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post5457281
piratexpress1369a is offline   Reply With Quote