View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #70
Moccelin

Re: Veraneio 67 - The Brasilian Suburban

I can search, but in advance the key is the same as you use in the 350: forged parts, camshaft with more wild cam timing, MSD ignition kits, amd turbo (for some projects). They also use the parts for the heavy trucks variant of the 250, I don't remember the CID, but I know that you see this engine in the pick-up trucks and Suburbans.

They also use exaust manifold in 6x2 configurations, even with two turbines, some times in one big carburator, other in two carburators.

Some aspirated 1/4 mile projects use a lot of carburators, even one for each cilinder.

But I think they buy the parts from USA!!! Maybe we have only the know how to join the parts to make rockets from our L6.

One thing that made me angry (just kiddin) is that you "Stovebolt" comunity use more the 235 variant, not the 261 (here the 235 dont see the light in trucks and the 261 recieve the name "Chevrolet Brasil" after the truck Chevrolet Brasil and the SUV variation Chevrolet Amazona (without the S, the word for the lady that make war/ride a horse). These trucks was the first with american mechanic and brazilian exterior.

Its funny, Ford aways made genuine american trucks around here, only with some years/decades of delay, but GM since the Chevrolet Brasil made his own external design for our market, with the 10 and 20 family (around here this numbers separate the generations, not the capacity)... Well, lots of differences in the market and nominations.