View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #34
RWB-713

Re: '67 C10 Shorty Stepside

Got a few nights of work in over the last two weeks, made some forward progress, and a suprise rust discovery that resulted in backward progress .

I got the passenger side cab corner welded up, after making a bonehead cut on a cab corner i've had forever (measure once, cut twi..... oh wait),I decided to order a new one from LMC and start over. Well, that turned out to be just as bad of an idea. The cab corner's LMC sells now are not correct at all, 69swb also ran into the same problem with the same corners, so it wasn't just the one I got. They seem like they're alright, but the lines and distances between the corner contour are off just enough to make them junk really. I've lost faith in LMC's sheetmetal now, as I was skeptical before even. From what I've found, it seems Tabco may be the way to go from now on. End Result, I ended up using the orginal cab corner I had from a ways back, and just fabbing up a piece to compensate for my mistake. I'll get a picture of how it turned out in the future, I took some, but they turned out bad and you can't really see anything.

I made some filler/delete panels for all the holes in the dash I plan to smooth out. Heater Controls, Dash speaker, Defroster vents, and the wing vents in the Kick Panels. I had to do that stuff to take a break from Rust repair, and I find that form of sheetmetal work SO much more bearable, and kinda of a relief from the tedious norm of rust repair.
Attached Images

RWB-713 is offline   Reply With Quote