View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #35
RWB-713

Re: '67 C10 Shorty Stepside

aaaaaannndd... On to the backward step. I discovered some rust I had missed where the dash meets the winshield seal area. I looked across the forum and found it to be a rather common problem, that I feel there is no awesome fix for.

The major problem area is the passenger side, the driver side is showing signs too, but nothing near as bad as the passenger side. I chipped the rust out of the area on the pass side with a screwdriver & chisle and was trying to find a way to fix the area in a decent way without removing the whole dash. Well... i picked up some carbide bits for my die grinder so I could work in the tight area, but as i went to work on it, I found further rusting down the side of the dash, between the area where the dash bolts to the cab. I pondered half-assing a fix & ignoring the parts I couldn't get to, but my conscience got the best of me (Good thing) and I couldn't let that happen. So out the dash came, and exposed became some pretty bad rust. So all in all, I'm glad I pulled the dash, even tho I felt it was a daunting task.

It turned out it wasn't THAT bad, 6 bolts and 15-20 spot welds on the winshield seam, I just hope everything goes back in as easy as it came out.

Anyway, this is pretty much were it sits now, I started a littled bit of cleanup tonight, but nothing quite picture worthy just yet.
Attached Images

RWB-713 is offline   Reply With Quote