View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #206
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: Project Family Chummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post
I make lists while I'm at work during boring meetings and then put them on the spreadsheet. It helps me get things done rather than wonder around the garage trying to figure out whats next. Plus, I use it to make sure (for the most part) I have the parts I need since I know whats coming up.

Worked on wiring tonight. Got the dodge/engine wiring stripped down to only what I'll use and tossed the rest. About 10 wires total to hook up to make the engine run and then a few more for guages and that's about it.

I did pull all of the dodge A/C wiring out of the harnness and coiled it up for when I get to it down the road. I must say, I really don't like Dodge's wiring. Dumb connectors here and there and not where you need them (I remember pulling the door off and not a connector at the door WTF?) and then they have relays running relays that are then mounted on the firewall. I'm going to "relocated" the fuel shutdown relay onto the side of the GM underhood fuse panel like it "should be"

I do need to get the right temp. senor for the guage. I got the temp sensor that is for the ECM. I also have to figure out which wire on the oil pressure guage is for the pressure vs the switch. It has 3 wires and I only need one.
1. I usually have an "alternate agenda" at work also
B. You are absolutely right, having goals keeps you focused on work and help get things done in the right order. You are definitely more organized than me. 4. Can you use the GM sensors in the Cummins for oil, temp, and fuel? I can see the crank sensor being an issue for RPM due to pulse width. All that stuff is Way down on my list.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote