View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #68
ray_mcavoy

Re: Pristine engine bay in '66 Chevy C10 with 327 & factory A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelmer View Post
so you agree with the green bracket on bottom? . the paint is very sloppy on the bracket it could be overspray? it was hard to tell
Yes, I didn't word my post above all that clear, but I do agree with the green for the lower alternator bracket. I chose to paint that bracket green for Dad's 66 based on what I had posted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelmer
hello ray the suffix code for the 327 would be yc yr yd yh the motor that i have is a yh turbo 3 speed auto . i guess that could be the mark on the head?
Yes, YH to match your engine's suffix code would be my best guess. Although looking at the photo I'm having a hard time making out any letters ... the guy that wrote it on there must not have had very good penmanship

60-66, thanks for posting that engine assembly order chart. I'm glad to see that it backs up my theory/guess about the lower alt bracket getting bolted onto the engine before the whole assembly got painted.

Although I don't think I'd ever try painting or coating a set of exhaust manifolds to match the engine, that's pretty good to know that Flint put them on after paint.

I noticed that doesn't list the clutch housing on the Tonawanda built engines. That agrees with what I remember reading in an engine detailing article that said the bellhousings on the Tonawanda built engines were installed after the engine was delivered to the vehicle assembly line. And as a result they didn't get engine color overspray on them like the bellhousings on Flint built engines.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote