View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #188
bollybib

Re: Jim's 1969 Custom/20

ABOUT MY POSTS

When I write up my posts, I do almost all the writing and editing using word processing software long before I ever bring up the "Reply to Thread" window. This allows me to assemble everything (words and pictures), work on the "story line", and make corrections and adjustments many times before I ever publish a post.

You may have noticed that I don’t post on an action-by-action basis. I wait until the project I was working on is complete (or nearly so), and then write it up. Hopefully that makes each project post independent and complete in itself and makes for a better narrative.

It isn’t my intent to make this a how-to thread. Most of the technical details and repair procedures for these trucks have been around for a long time and are easily found online or in traditional books like the Service Manuals or from board members with far more automotive experience than I. I leave out details and sometimes alter the timeline to make each post interesting to read and logical in its structure. And, like all of us, I make mistakes.

I have no professional automotive repair experience. But I’ve done most of the work on my own cars since I was 16, and I’ve taken many automotive, welding, and machining vocational courses at my local community college over the years. I’m a retired engineer and that influences how I write these posts and how I approach a project, too. Mostly I do this because I enjoy sharing my truck with the members of this board. It’s a lot of fun.

Thanks to everyone.

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911