View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #68
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard72 View Post
Thanks for providing another thread that makes me wish mine was 4wd

Looks great. I'm working on a work truck, too, just not an off roader. Mines a trailer puller.

I know that's still the primer coat on the tail gate, but are you considering painting it black? That looks sort of cool back there, too. I've got lots blacked out on Mustard, too, but hadn't considered the tail gate until I saw yours.

And one more thing. You may have the hot days in the summer, but around here, once the Christmas lights go up (in reference to a few of your pics), you don't back the truck out of the garage to work on it in the driveway. I'm a bit jealous this time of year.
Thanks Nick, it looks like you've really got your hands full with the rust repair on Old Mustard. I'm fortunate that I didn't have that level of cancer to deal with.

As far as the color goes, when I bought the truck, it had been painted with orange on the top, and the PO had put the black swamp cooler waterproof paint from the bottom body line down. After much contemplation, I think that I'm going to keep the color that way, and think it'll really work with the bumpers being blacked out. Here's an old picture of how it looked right after I put the 6" lift on it as an example:

And, yes, while I'm looking forward to the temperature being in the low 70's this coming weekend, I really hate the summers when the outside temp is 120. All things being equal, you get to work on yours in the summer, I get to work on mine in the winter. Not quite sure which is really better...

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote