View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
17again

1959 GMC "Ol' Indian"

Sup fellers? After my horrid demise of me beloved DD 66 c10 (woman decided to cross into oncoming traffic and hit me head on) Recently picked up a 1959 GMC 100, pretty well optioned truck. Local guy had the truck shipped from California 25 years ago. He drove it 6 months til the steering box went out and parked it, til I got my hands on it. It's got the factory optioned Big back window, Tinted windows, 347 Pontiac V8, automatic transmission, deluxe heater, fleetside bed, task force rear bumper, and deluxe trim package. I have everything that isnt on the truck. The pictures aren't great, and actually make the truck look pretty bad. This truck is solid beyond belief and the frame is unreal. The worst part of the truck is the driver's door bottom. My neighbor builds tri-five pontiacs so Ive got the hookup on motors. My basic plan is to yank the intake and heads, do up a set of 389 heads so I can run a more efficient intake, and a set of headers. I was wondering if I could also do an electronic ignition for a 389 if Im still using the 347 block? I know Pontiacs used the same block til the end of carbed production. Anywho, I cant afford a paint job so it'll stay as it is for now til I can afford to have it coated in a mirror black. Gonna lower it, do the glass, make the interior look like absolute new, and get it as dependable as possible. I know im gonna have a helluva time trying to track down the front marker lights, anyone got a set laying around? Any help or suggestion is much appreciated fella's.
Thanks, LJ.

52 GMC 3100 5 window (daily)
79 C30 single cab dually shop truck
87 K5 (daily)
17again is offline   Reply With Quote