View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #116
Mustard72

Re: 72 C20 "Old Mustard"

Got a bit of a late start on Sunday, as I took a bit of a snooze after church and didn't get out to the garage until 1:30 pm or so. Absolutely crappy outside here today. Chipped my left fender out of the ice outside beside the garage for starters. I was going to try and get a different one, but now I'm thinking I'm going to repair both of the fenders.

Then, I went about improving some of the fit issues with the cab corners and rockers. The first pics show the large gap between the cab corner and rocker on the right side. Probably should have done something about this before putting hte rocker on, but I didn't, so here we are. The gap between the rocker and cab corner is quite large, and the cab corner only touches hte inner rocker/floor at the bottom of the piece, leaving a large opening right into the back of the cab. The little patch I made basically just extends the flange on the cab corner over to the side of teh floor/inner rocker. With this in place, I will be able to apply a sealer between the rocker and cab corner much more effectively to close up the bottom of the cab and keep critters, water, etc. from getting up in there. I had to do basically the same thing on both sides of the cab, but on the drivers side I also had to make an extension from the bottom of the cab corner to the inner rocker/floor.

These LMC cab corners (and whoever else gets them from this supplier) are somewhat notorious for not fitting right. I'm thinking my issues have been compounded by using a non-oem floor along with my own inexperience with this work. I know their rockers are supposed to fit pretty well, typically, and I wrassled with those, too. It's all installed and solid, and tons better than what I started with, and will be good enough for a trailer pulling truck, but it's not going to win any shows, that's for sure.
Attached Images

Old Mustard, 1972 Chevy C20, 350, TH350, 4.10 Dana 60 rear, owned since I was 16 in 1986
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545356

Blue Bell, 1987 K20, 6.2L Diesel, TH400/NP208, 4.10 gears

Ustahav 1976 K10, 350/350/203, Gov Loc, Yooper beater trail truck.
Mustard72 is offline   Reply With Quote