View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #117
Mustard72

Re: 72 C20 "Old Mustard"

These pics show the repair I did to the front of the drivers side rocker. I cut out way too much of the front panel of the rocker around where the grommet goes in during the rocker assembly. I don't recall exactly why I thought I needed to trim that much, but there it is. I just cut another piece of extra sheet metal and welded it in. I'll hole saw out another hole for the grommet and spray some sealant in there in the near future.

Once I got done with the patching, I spent the rest of the afternoon applying seam sealer to the seams at the fronts of the rockers where they join the a-pillars, the kick panel seams, the firewall to floor seam, and the seam along the back of the cab for both corners and the home made patch between the corners for the bottom of the back wall. Went through three foam brushes putting that stuff on. It's from Eastwood. I ended up wondering as I was putting it on if it were actually any improvement over the roofing tar we used during the first go around with this truck back in the late 80s. Maybe it sets up a little harder while still remaining flexible? In my cold shop, it was certainly pretty thick and not a pretty application.

Well, off to bed now. I've got some shovelling to do in the morning, as the snowblower in the back ground of many of the pics is ailing, and I'd rather work on Mustard than it...
Attached Images

Old Mustard, 1972 Chevy C20, 350, TH350, 4.10 Dana 60 rear, owned since I was 16 in 1986
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545356

Blue Bell, 1987 K20, 6.2L Diesel, TH400/NP208, 4.10 gears

Ustahav 1976 K10, 350/350/203, Gov Loc, Yooper beater trail truck.

Last edited by Mustard72; 02-11-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Mustard72 is offline   Reply With Quote