View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #122
Mustard72

Re: 72 C20 "Old Mustard"

Hmmm. Don't know how I missed this a few months ago when I tore apart the engine, but there is definitely a crack in this drivers side manifold. Had that problem a couple of years ago with the passenger side manifold. Looks like I can pick up a new drivers side manifold for about $90, or pay some more for a set of headers. I'll have to do some research on this, but I'll probably stick with the good 'ol cast iron replacement.

Also spent some time getting the remaining engine parts cleaned up, straightened up the mounting flange for the valve covers as good as I could, organized the bolts, etc. to get ready to take them over to the engine builder's shop some time this week. Picked up the free GM HEI distributor from the fella at work the other day and then proceeded to get about $90 worth of parts for it; ironically about the same amount as a Pertronix unit.

And last but not least I ordered a set of door seals along with something else that I seem to have currently forgotten (my mind is old beyond my years, apparently) from LMC. The order was manually written on an order sheet and sent back with the step side rear wiring harness I accidentally ordered, so I can't even look up on their website what I ordered until they get it in the mail and process it. Oh well.

It was up around the freezing mark this weekend, so I was able to work in the garage with the garage doors open for the first time in quite a while. That was nice.

Anyways, here's the pic of the cracked manifold...
Attached Images

Old Mustard, 1972 Chevy C20, 350, TH350, 4.10 Dana 60 rear, owned since I was 16 in 1986
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545356

Blue Bell, 1987 K20, 6.2L Diesel, TH400/NP208, 4.10 gears

Ustahav 1976 K10, 350/350/203, Gov Loc, Yooper beater trail truck.
Mustard72 is offline   Reply With Quote