View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
jocko

Re: SPID label truck identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Whitey~ View Post
Well I'm glad you did seed some doubt, so thanks again. I said didn't want to do black on black, but after revisiting that idea and the fact that my truck was originally black on black and it is all matching numbers besides the motor, and seeing these pics and loving the look. I've pretty much decided black on black it is.

The cloth seat that came with my truck originally (black vinyl sides, cloth top) I still have, but it's not very desirable, even it was new. I really love the scroll work on vinyl benches and the look of a stock 69 bench. Hounds tooth I like too, but if I'm going black on black, it would have to be a black/charcoal houndstooth and I'm not sure anyone makes that.
Truckseats made a mis-print, or whatever he called it, of black with gray/black houndstooth (instead of the white/black) that he offered a while back. Not sure if he still has it. But I do think an original bench would look best and hooundstooth wasn't offered til 71. (and black houndstooth (gray or white) was never an original option on any truck, only olive, blue, and parchment were ever offered in houndstooth).
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote