View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #352
Rods57

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Toy chest View Post
You know that is a problem a lot of us have. It's great to have Kabwe to help me with my metal work but when I have engine or transmission building issues I have very few people to go to for help. Unfortunately some of the most helpful people have been those I have met online and there comes a time talking you through the situation on the phone won't help, they need to be right there in your garage, lol, BUT THEY ARE 1,800 MILES AWAY
I aint trying to start no trouble but the other issue is when I call a tech line or parts house and a female answers the phone and tells me she can help me I say I don't think so. They ask me what my question is I tell them and then they say..... OHHH that's not what the catalog says or I better get a tech to help you. I know that's why I called. I can't tell you how many times I go to the Auto Zone or Pep Boys and I have to help them look up the parts on their own computer, or they let me go in the back and pull my own parts the parts off the shelf.

Man thats the truth. I had to tell the tech at the factory that the booster I got for the truck would fit. He wouldn't believe that the one for a 55 car wouldfit on the firewall even though I used the pedals and mount. "I don't know" he keep saying and the whole time I am going dude its a factory piece and I have the measurements right here, the booster will fit.
Rods57 is offline   Reply With Quote