View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #137
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: The Wagon and Pedal Car thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Rods View Post
I built it with the body turned over to match the contours. I started with the center (like on yours) then the rear to match under the seat then I did the front, it ended up being at an angle to be able to mount the 2 body bolt holes. Pretty my much I didn't want anything exposed or hanging below the body.
Posted via Mobile Device
Okay. I didn't know if I could have done mine different and ended up with a lower stance.

Where are the mounting points on the pedal car body? On mine there were 6 total - 2 on the seat, 2 around the front license plate area, and then 2 high mounts for the top of the pedal gear. I only used the first two mounting points (the seat and then front license plate area).

Is this an original body or a reproduction? I like the lines and the Buick style vents on the side.

Also, did you have to modify the seat at all for the rear wheels to sit so low? On mine the wheel would have rubbed on the seat portin of the body so I only have like a 1/16-1/8" space between the seat and the back of the wheel.

Can't wait to see this thing done.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote