Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 View Post
Nailed it! Coming along nicely!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! We're slowly getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTorange View Post
Very cool.
Thanks, SFT! Your truck build was one of the reasons why I started searching out for a '60-'66 to build. I like your truck a lot. You did a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Beautiful! Foose always says, the best cars are the ones that are cut all to hell, but look just...a...hair... off stock. Nice work. Glad the man let you up so I could get my fix! How goes the motor?

You almost got me, by the way. Had a guy express an interest in my 87, and a very nice in progress '64 short step was available, and I allllllllmost ran the game. Sketchy things in the near future and the fact that the 87 is paid for, runs and drives backed me out of it. But you dang near got me! You and bomp and McMurph and your 60's shenanigans!
Low Elco- You almost fell into the trap! Be patient, and when you're least expecting it, a 60-66 will fall into your lap for a price you can't refuse. I was heavily into the '73-'87 trucks for a while, and they are still one of my favorites. I sold a '76 to a buddy years ago and he let his teenager start driving it and he totalled it. I was the second owner and I had all the original paperwork, it broke my heart. Never sell a running, driving truck if you don't have to!

The motor is on the stand. The long block is done, I'm just waiting to get over to a buddy's shop to use his ceramic bead tumbler on all the aluminum parts, like the intake and accessory brackets I want all of the "as-cast" parts to have the same color and finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
That there mod is totally off the charts.
I thought I was anal about making it look like nothing was done.
You Sir get the trophy on inner fender "massagin'".

Love it when people look at my stuff and ask, in a disapproval voice thinking nothing has been done yet, and ask, "when and what are your plans for the truck?" And the mods are staring them right in the face.

You will definitely have to suffer through that.

Diggin' it!
You and I are from the same school of thought. Less is more. I actually enjoy taking the time to do a subtle mod, even if nobody ever notices it. It's like looking at a Troy Trepanier car. You can look at it for hours and still not see everything. Everything has been touched and massaged, but it's so subtle it's almost stealthy. I quickly lose interest in a car where everything is right in your face and 100% obvious.

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote