View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: I'm back!! "Project Goldie" 1970 Chevy K10

Even though it's not too noticeable, my son and I got quite a bit finished up today. A couple weekends ago, we rebuilt the vent windows, and got all the new felt and window seals in the doors.

Today we got the weatherstripping glued on and fixed a couple holes in the floor and dash. Then glued down some heat and sound matting, then put in the new carpet. I could have picked out a better color, but it actually looks better in person than it does in pics.

After lunch, we set the seat in and installed the new 3-point seat belts. Then we cleaned out all the mouse crap out of the heater tins, and reinstalled the heater and hooked all the cables back up. Then put in the new studs/balls for the gas pedal, and my son popped a new gas pedal on. Took off the rear-view mirror and polished up the arm, and installed a new rear-view mirror. Also cleaned off 40 years worth of grime from the arm rests!

After a good cleaning up of the inside, we took off for town to get some gas and a spring to fix the hood latch. This was the first time I've driven the truck in 3 years. And even with the 25-30 mph winds we had today, it was the quietest that truck has been for years!

Now I need to get some floor mats, and find a smaller steering wheel Time to hit the bay!

We are getting ready to sell our house in a couple weeks, so I'll be cleaning out the shop. Doubt I'll be doing much to her for a while.
Attached Images

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote