View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #38
thotfulspot

Re: First Time Swapper

Since one of the pictures shows the motor disassembled you won't learn much by pulling the valve covers since if there was anything in there it would have been cleaned out. The oil filter might show something if it wasn't pulled. If he hasn't pulled the plugs you can check them but at that mileage I'd be surprised to see anything.

I'd be more worried about missing or broken sensors. In the FAQ there are some pictures of where the sensors should be. If it doesn't have the harness I'd use that as a bargaining tool.

You can also sort on car-parts.com by price to give you an idea of the low end. Like someone said, they are just a listing of salvage yards and what they have. Car-part doesn't actually sell anything. It's usually used by shops and insurance companies. A lot of them will deal on cost especially if you are there or have them on the phone.

Out of curiosity, what were your search terms you used in Craig's list? I haven't done much searching in parts and it all comes down to using the right search terms.
Posted via Mobile Device
thotfulspot is offline   Reply With Quote