View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #299
cAlvis165

Re: Project Family Chummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post
I did some reading about dodge's hydroboost puking out fluid and bleeding the system, and I was thinking I had pretty much covered all of those bases. And got me to thinking.....my power steering cooler is about 12" long, and mounted vertically. Well when I'd turn the engine off is when it would puke out a bunch of power steering fluid. So it dawned on me that maybe all of this extra fluid was the cooler draining back into the reservoir (after I wasted a half a quart of fluid). So I rearranged the cooler, had my lovely assistant help me bleed it by steering back and forth and applying the brakes and it all looked good. Took it out for a spin and it all works great! Its SOOOO much nicer driving it with power steering that consistantly works...not to mention safer.

On my drive I drove over to the gas station. I was thinking I had 5-7 gallons of fuel in the tank, but it was on the guage was on E. Well I filled up with about 21 gallons and now the guage reads full, so I think the guage is a little conservative near E.

I started working on hooking up the parking brake. I'm going to use the dodge setup (since I lost the stuff for the GMC). Its kind of a goofy setup, but I guess it should work. I need a little piece from the hardware store to get it to work.
Glad you got the power steering figured out.

DD 2000 Chevy Suburban 4x4/5.3 Vortec/4L60E/4:10s, 18" Escalade rims, Electric fans
Project Dooley One-Ton 4x4 on 38.5s Corn-binder build
cAlvis165 is offline   Reply With Quote