View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #20
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

I probably should have done this at the top but better late then never. When I start reading a build thread I'm always curious what direction the build is intended on going. So I am going to state my intention for this build. I'm going with an 'ol skool resto here. 1979 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 Fleetside SWB. Carbureted SBC w/ Vortec upper half and TH400 w/ shift kit to get me cruisin down the road. Eventually I'd like to get a motor in there that is worthy of my name and a 4l80e(minus the "e"). The underhood will be clean and tidy like Mary Poppins magic by way of some smooth inner fender wells and matching firewall. 5/6 Static dropped and c-notched sittin on stock style custom backspaced rally rims wrapped in BFG Radial T/A 225/60-15's up front and 295/50-15's out back. Brown and white two tone paint with white cab and all original trim and grille. Interior-brown and tan, also all original. Chassis and components will be POR-15'd and then if all goes according to plan, I'll be flat broke and bankrupt and sittin pretty in my '79!!!!!

Oh and just a heads up, this build will be slower during the weekdays so I apologize if the progress goes up and down like a roller coaster. I do promise however that I will make every effort to hit it hard on the weekends so that this thread will stay alive and active. My motivation is high, but my wife is hot, so I always have some sort of personal dilemma when I try to go to the garage! Thanks again everyone.

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote