View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
wsurf4me

Wsurf's 58 Fleetside Project

I've been looking at picking up a 55-59 for awhile, lurking and learning on the board here getting ideas. I originally looked at quite a few 55-57's but never found one that seemed right. About 9 months ago I came across a 59 fleetside shortbed at a show and knew that was the style I was looking for. After a few months of CL searching I only found one SWB fleetside and it sold the day I called. Finally found another a month later and although it was modified a bit differently than I was looking for the bones were there. After a little bit of back and forth we were able to work out a reasonable deal for all. Since then it has turned into a much bigger project than I anticipated, seems to be one thing after another. I've posted a few times looking for help on specific things that I ran into thinking a small project wasn't worth a build thread. Well it seems to keep getting bigger so here we go, hopefully I can gain insight from all the great people here and tie it all together for other newbies like me. Enough said, here some pictures to get started -
Attached Images