View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #367
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdownstar View Post
BC I am trying to build a pro street 56 and i am running into a few things, so if you don't mind me asking what is your tire size? and do you know how wide your rear end is, on your truck! i don't want any miss understanding lol

Thanks Ray
The tire size is 31X18.50-15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman the actual section width (side wall to side wall) is 17.6" & tread width is 14.8" . I can not remember my actual axle housing width but my axle flange to flange measurement is 47 9/16" . My rear end is a Chrysler 8 3/4 rear end. I don't think you can get the M/T Sportsman any more only the Sportsman-Pro. The Sportsman-Pro are a softer compound for better traction at the drag strip. And the tire was a fraction of an inch wider but not enough to make a difference. Check with M/T. My rims are 14x15. I think you will like the M/T Pro Street radial tire better because it is very good in wet weather conditions. Back spacing is going to be based on how narrow you want to make the rear end housing, and how wide you want to go with the tires. I do know of a guy that had to notch his frame and and another one back-halved his truck frame with a narrower pro stock style frame/four link set up because they wanted to go with the super wide 33X21.50-15 tires. Just be sure to measure and re-measure and then check it again before you cut anything . I hope this helps.

BC

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 04-02-2013 at 04:13 AM.
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote