View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #21
bohmankid

Re: side pipes- lots of pics wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by i heart square bodys View Post
BINGO!! thats exactly what i needed! how did you get around the parking brake cables? or do the pipes even get hot enought to melt them at that point? also do you have any more pics of the routing? how do you like the split cowl hood by the way? i got the same one for my 2wd truck haha thought the split cowl looked a little different then the regular one people usually get! thanks !
Posted via Mobile Device
I routed the pipes just low enough to clear the parking break cable by a few inches, but just high enough to hug the body of the truck. The parking break cable is easy to move too, you could just weld a U-shaped bracket to the frame and hang the cable from it if it hangs too close to the exhaust. Also, if you're trying to do this exhaust with a 2 wheel drive truck, it'll be a lot easier to do an X-pipe since you have no transfer case. I was going to do an X-pipe but it was too hard on my 4x4.

I don't have any more pics of the routing because I'm currently re-doing it for my ls swap I just finished. But it'll be exactly the same and I'll post more pics up when I get it done.

The cowl hood is cool. Definitely different. Gives it a new look, I like it a lot. Thanks.
bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote