View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #373
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Lowdownstar I just want to throw out a heads up. I was told by a guy that owns a '73 Chevy step-side I saw at a drag race in the parking lot with some big meats. The '73-'87 Chevy step sides have the same basic configuration as our trucks. He had his stock width 12 bolt rear end and he had the M/T 31X18.50 -15. He has some way positive-offset (special order) 14" wide CenterLines. He said the one down side was that to stuff all that tire under his truck with the stock width rear end, that the offset was eating up his rear wheel bearings due to the load/ placement of the offset of the rim. He said he was replacing bearings about every other year. How true this is I don't know would be nice to get input from others on here.
I had a similar problem when I use to run those deep dish rims with the way negative offset on the front of my truck when I was a kid. I was replacing the front wheel bearings once a year. Not trying to sabotage any ideas you may have, just want to give you something to consider.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote