View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #313
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

Stopped by the salvage yard today and got a "new" headlight switch plug. The one on my truck has a big wire shoved into it, a wire nut, and the plastic plug is a little melted. This then causes it to jump to another wire turning the headlights on. Hasn't really been too much of an issue, but I know it needs corrected, so now I just have to pull all the pins out of the old plug and install into the new one and then cut off the one big wire with the wire nut and connect up the new wire.

I also got a center dome light while I was there.

My next stop was by Fed Ex to pickup my nerf bars (or whatever you call them...running boards...whatever). In order to install them, I had to trip a little bit of this lip on the bottom of the rocker pinch weld (as the instructions say to do) and then drill a couple of holes through the rocker. Then they just bolt on. The way its all situated, the nuts are kind of a pain to get to, so I only got the drivers side on tonight:

These are N-fab brand and appear to be made pretty well. I really like the looks of them, and on this truck are definitely necessary.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote