View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #67
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 1965 Ford Mustang

I like modifying stuff, but for this car, since it appears to be so original, or at least look really original, I want to modify it so that it looks like it could have been factory.

I added rear speakers in the rear deck and installed the factory style covers. Came out pretty cool, but then I got stuck on the front kick panel speakers. With the parts I had, they just didn't look quite right. All of the colors I bought that were supposed to match didn't either...

I pulled all the emblems off the car because they're a little rough and don't match the quality of the outside of the car. I test fit a fender badge on the kenwood grille cover and it looked kinda cool. So I went to a paint shop and had them mix me up spray cans of my interior color using my inner rear quarter panel cover to make it. It is a tick off, but it's painted plastic, not metal, so I was kind of expecting that.

I also removed the pins off of the back of the fender badge and buffed it with a dremel. Came out really nice. 3M tape and a sharp razor blade took care of the sticky part.

All parts were painted to match and I think it came out pretty cool. To me, this looks more like what Ford would have done than what I originally was going to use (right side of comparison pic.)
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote