View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #39
jmlcolorado

Re: 68 C10/international L110 Mut

So NOW I'm back on the truck. I needed to get the new engine mounted so I could keep working around it.
Last night I built a Hurst style front motor mount. I never really liked the universal tubular crossmember mount. Maybe because the word universal was in the name, or maybe cause I didn't make it, who knows.

Here's the idea.

It'll sit on the rubber biscuits, have a through bolt through the crossmember and through another biscuit below. This SHOULD eliminate some engine vibrations while keeping the engine in place.

The engine sits about 4" lower in the frame now, which I like. Gives it a better down low look and feel.
NASCAR guys are always wanting to get an engine as low as possible and as far back as possible for better weight distribution. This up engine has the best of both worlds, even though its not a NASCAR truck it should handle pretty good I think.

I will be rebuilding the headers, and they will very likely be going outside the frame, under the cab, through some mufflers and exit behind the bed somewhere.
With this much room, I suppose I COULD get the exhaust inside the frame rails, but then I'd have to go through 2 crossmember's (trans and rear control arm cross members) before trying to go over the top of the axle (zero room with a c notched frame anyways) before exiting out the back.

Well, that's it for now. Sorry for the zillion posts to catch up. Ill post more as I make progress.

*maybe I should have named this thread "JML's random projects blog" since I bounce around so much
** and I am sorry about the vast amount of misspellings and strange words. I blasted through the posts without proof reading, and apparently after so many posts, you can't go back and edit.
So for some clarification, 350cc's AREN'T very powerful, and the engine in the pickup is an Oldsmobile rocket
Lesson learned I suppose.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jmlcolorado; 04-14-2013 at 12:09 AM.
jmlcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote