View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
SoCalSlaughter

Fuel Pump Module

Have been having a problem with my Suburban. I came home one day and put the truck into reverse and it just died. It would turn over but no start. Came to find out the fuel pump would not prime. After 2 days of looking for a short (Because the ECM-B fuse would keep blowing everytime I turned the key) I ran a wire straight from the fuel pump relay to the fuel pump and it primes and the truck will run. Ive checked everything in the fuel circuit, oil pressure sender, relay, pump. I came across a "Hot Fuel Module" or fuel pump module and what Ive read from other posts that GM only installed those into heavy duty trucks with 454's. My Suburban is a 1990 V2500 5.7lt TH400. The module was by the fuse box under the dash and has 3 wires plugged into it. Once I got the circuit board out of its black box, I found on the bottom some of the solider spots have some brown corrosion on them. I'm wondering if this has gone bad and has kept the truck from running or keeping the fuel pump from running? Before I knew about this little box I had unplugged all components on the ECM-B circuit. Oil sender, relay and fuel pump and when Id turn key to accessories position the fuse would still blow. Ive looked at a few wiring diagrams and I can see the "Hot fuel module" is in the circuit with a Tan/White wire which runs into the ECM-B circuit. Help? haha Thanks
SoCalSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote