View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
laid67

Re: 67 C10 Makin it handle

Hey guys, Im going to be purchasing a rack and pinion set up here shortly. From what ive read all over this forum and elsewere the mustang II rack is a great fit, I'd assume that is for it's width more than anything else. By width I mean between the inner tie rod pivot points, which would have to be about the same as our stock center links right? Ive also read that depending on the power steering pump you use some modification of the rack valving may be required.

Now what im looking for (i think) is a nice fast steering ratio. I don't mind putting some muscle into steering in exchange for feeling exactly what is happening where the ribber meets the road. So I am currently looking for a quick ratio rack unless anyone would advise against it.

Anyone know which vehicles have a quick ratio rack as standard equipment?

My plan is to get the rack on order this week, and while im waiting on it to come in I can finish welding up the front crossmember and finish some of the boxing on the rear of the frame. Get this thing sitting on its own wheels as my birthday present to myself
laid67 is offline   Reply With Quote