View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
Atommik

Re: 51 Chevy 1/2 ton, My S10 swap

Worked on the wiring some more today. I ordered LED 1157 amber bulbs for the front turn/parklights. Nice and bright! Also ordered the LED licsense light bolts for the rear. They seem to put out a good amount of light. I got the tail lamps, licsense lights and front turn signals all wired. Every splice soldered and heat shrunk. It took alot longer than I thought it would. But I did add a seperate ground wire for each light instead of just grounding thru the body where the parts are bolted on, so I guess that basically doubled the number of connections to make. I've got LED flashers on order too.

Last week I ordered s10 v8 swap headers from JEGS. They came friday so I trial fit those today also. Pass side fits great and the driver side will, as soon as I get the rest of the pieces I need for the steering shaft. I'm trying to find someone local to buy DD shaft from and universal joints so if there's something I buy that I don't need, I can bring it back instead of shipping it back.

One of the guys at work wet sanded and buffed the truck on friday. It looks great! I decided to leave a little "orange peel" in the clear so it will be a little easier to keep looking nice since I am planning on driving it quite a bit. I can always sand it down more at a later date if I change my mind. Since the buffing is done, I can do the final install on the running boards and fillers.
Attached Images

Atommik is offline   Reply With Quote